Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can benefit from the U-Founders incubation program?
U-Founders offers incubation, pre-incubation and entrepreneurship awareness programs to the students, researchers and entrepreneurs of Mohamed VI Polytechnic University and its network of partners.
- What are the benefits offered by U-Founders startup support program?
U-Founders provides entrepreneurs with customized support and a full range of tools and services to turn their innovative ideas into successful businesses.
- Do you take equity in the startups that you incubate?
U-Founders offers equity-free support to the startups it incubates.
- Who can apply to U-Founders under the deep tech category?
The U-Founders Deep Tech track is open to R&D-oriented projects and breakthrough innovations in fields related to UM6P’s research agenda.
- Who can apply to U-Founders under the shallow tech category?
The U-Founders shallow tech track is open to projects with a high social or technological added value.
- Who are the mentors of the U-Founders incubation program?
Mentorship is at the core of the U-Founders incubation program. Our mentors are scientists, entrepreneurs, investors and business experts from a wide range of disciplines and nationalities.
Thanks to their professional skills and experience, our mentors will help the startups of the program open new markets, reach new customers and achieve new goals.
- What are the forms of coaching offered through U-Founders incubation programs?
U-Founders offers personalized, reflective and result-oriented coaching sessions to help entrepreneurs develop the skills they need to run thriving businesses. Our coaching programs are designed to support entrepreneurs across the various stages of the entrepreneurial process.
Our coaches work alongside the program’s entrepreneurs to help them clarify their vision, define their goals and put in place a series of strategies that will help them achieve their full potential.
- Can I apply to U-Founders incubation programs if I am external to UM6P?
Yes, our incubation programs are open to entrepreneurs and innovators outside of the University’s ecosystem.
- What are the eligibility requirements for prospective mentors and contributors to the U-Founders program?
Our mentor selection process focuses on the entrepreneurial experience or the expertise on a given topic. We favor mentors with several years of experience in their field of activity.
The profiles sought are varied: entrepreneurs, university professors, business experts, consultants, etc...
- Do you offer office space to the incubated startups?
Yes, we provide all our entrepreneurs with access to a best-in class co-working space within the campus of Mohammed VI Polytechnic University in Benguerir.
- Are you open to partnership and collaboration opportunities?
Yes, we are open to partnerships and collaboration opportunities with the various actors of the Moroccan and international entrepreneurial ecosystems: incubators and acceleration programs, angel investors and venture capital funds, R&D centers…
- What is the nature of the support offered to deep tech startups?
The U-Founders deep tech track is open to researchers and doctoral students working on innovations that are likely to push the technological frontier and create new knowledge.
Our programs have been designed to help deep tech entrepreneurs overcome the various challenges they face in the development of their innovative projects such as the high capital intensity or the lengthy time to market of their projects.
The advantages offered to the entrepreneurs admitted into the U-Founders deep tech track are the following:
- - Access to mentorship,
- - Access to business and technical expertise,
- - Access to UM6P’s state-of-the-art facilities,
- - Fundraising and market access support.
- What is the nature of the support offered to shallow tech startups?
Shallow Tech startups in the seed phase are initially admitted into a 6-month pre-incubation program during which they will have the opportunity to test their product or service using the lean startup approach. The objective of this phase is to help the entrepreneur structure his project, clarify his vision and develop a compelling value proposition.
Once this phase has been validated, the entrepreneur will enter into a 6-month incubation period during which he will have access to further training and mentoring on a number of technical and business related topics.
- How can I contact you if I have further questions?
We are more than happy to answer any questions you may have! You can write to us on: email@example.com